2018-2019 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
So uh will this cause Green Book's Oscar chances to dwindle more?
Apparently, I say nervously, Peter showed Cameron his penis during the filming … Peter interrupts, horrified: ‘No. We did it before she was in.’ So you risked losing a big star by showing her your penis before she was on board? Peter smiles at my foolishness. ‘Of course! That’s what got her in.’ He stops smiling for a moment. ‘It’s a joke,’ he explains patiently. ‘It’s not like I make a habit of just whipping it out and saying, ‘Hey! Look! My cock!’ We do a joke where, it’s like, Bob says, ‘Pete’s been really crazy, he went out and spent $ 500 on a belt buckle.’ I go, ‘Bob, it’s an investment, it’s not a big deal.’ He says, ‘You’re stupid! $ 500 on a belt buckle!’ I say it’s not stupid … Finally she says, ‘Let me see it.’ And I lift my shirt and have it…’ he grins ‘hanging over.’
https://www.thecut.com/2019/01/green-bo ... -joke.html

the writer also got called out for posting racist pro-trump tweets and following a bunch of trump GOP people

-Vader

The convenient hit piece season is the best part of any awards race

He should have just said it was Bobby

You know I’ve been watching a lot of Golden Age films and it amazes me how shit cinematography has become. There are some great photographers out there, of course, but in general cinematography is getting worse every year. The same thing happened in art. I guess it’s just a consequence of Modern life.

anikom15 wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:07 am
You know I’ve been watching a lot of Golden Age films and it amazes me how shit cinematography has become. There are some great photographers out there, of course, but in general cinematography is getting worse every year. The same thing happened in art. I guess it’s just a consequence of Modern life.
There are films from the Golden Age that have shit cinematography too. But chances are you're not seeing them because they were shit films all around and got left behind.

Artemis wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 11:47 am
anikom15 wrote:
There are films from the Golden Age that have shit cinematography too. But chances are you're not seeing them because they were shit films all around and got left behind.
I’m comparing award-winning Golden Age films with award-winning contemporary films, apples to apples.

anikom15 wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:17 pm
Artemis wrote:
anikom15 wrote:
I’m comparing award-winning Golden Age films with award-winning contemporary films, apples to apples.
didn't mention that in your op but okay.

Do you have examples elaborating your point?

Artemis wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:43 pm
anikom15 wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:17 pm
Artemis wrote:

didn't mention that in your op but okay.

Do you have examples elaborating your point?
Sorry I thought it was implied by posting in the Awards thread.

I don’t want to open a can of worms by mentioning a specific film (for now) but I will say I think a lot of films would be better off in Academy ratio than widescreen. Widescreen has its place for epics and period pieces but can make more ‘intimate’ films seem cramped.

Also shallow depth of field is really played out.

-Vader

Guys wanna hear a joke? Black Panther has PS2 graphics. LOL I AM SOOOOOOO FUNNY. pls laugh