Blackhat (2015)

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Posts: 544
Joined: November 2014
Cilogy wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:It's amazingly photographed, so it's worth watching for that.
what makes you say that?

cuz judging from the trailer, it looks bland as fuck
Exact same thing I said. Looks horrible camera work.

Posts: 53845
Joined: May 2010
Location: House of X
Cilogy wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:It's amazingly photographed, so it's worth watching for that.
what makes you say that?

cuz judging from the trailer, it looks bland as fuck
He was talking about Miami Vice, I think.

Posts: 26023
Joined: February 2010
Location: Tejas
oh nvm

Posts: 1065
Joined: November 2012
Miami vice is amazing

Public Enemies is good

And Mann's soundscape sensibilities is much more important than some composer trying to dictate a film's rhythm. If it doesn't work , the director needs to choose something else. Like he does with an actor , an editor , with casting , with production decisions , etc , etc , etc. At the end of the day its his vision. His work is accomplished through collaboration with one decision maker. The Director.

If the composer doesnt like it he can go home and get his shinebox.

Posts: 1049
Joined: May 2013
Lionheart wrote:
And Mann's soundscape sensibilities is much more important than some composer trying to dictate a film's rhythm.

If the composer doesnt like it he can go home and get his shinebox.
Image

Posts: 8093
Joined: May 2014
I don't agree that a director, because of his position, can do whatever the fuck he wants. Movies were always a result of a huge collaboration. Of course he is the leader of the whole project but he should respect his associates, whom the director himself usually chooses.

Posts: 41710
Joined: May 2010
Panapaok wrote:I don't agree that a director, because of his position, can do whatever the fuck he wants. Movies were always a result of a huge collaboration. Of course he is the leader of the whole project but he should respect his associates, whom the director himself usually chooses.
So does Malick not respect his actors when he cuts their part down to nothing then?
Last edited by Allstar on January 20th, 2015, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 8093
Joined: May 2014
Allstar wrote:
Panapaok wrote:I don't agree that a director, because of his position, can do whatever the fuck he wants. Movies were always a result of a huge collaboration. Of course he is the leader of the whole project but he should respect his associates, whom the director himself usually chooses.
Do does Malick not respect his actors when he cuts their part down to nothing then?
I think that Malick warns the actors that he might cut them in the editing process and they agree to work on his movies knowing that this could happen. Mann changed the score without saying anything and the composer found out when he saw the movie for the first time. That's unprofessional.

Posts: 41710
Joined: May 2010
Panapaok wrote:I think that Malick warns the actors that he might cut them in the editing process and they agree to work on his movies knowing that this could happen. Mann changed the score without saying anything and the composer found out when he saw the movie for the first time. That's unprofessional.
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments ... _the_thin/

Posts: 8093
Joined: May 2014
Fair enough. They're both unprofessional, IMO.

Post Reply