Blackhat (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:It's amazingly photographed, so it's worth watching for that.
what makes you say that?

cuz judging from the trailer, it looks bland as fuck
Exact same thing I said. Looks horrible camera work.

Cilogy wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:It's amazingly photographed, so it's worth watching for that.
what makes you say that?

cuz judging from the trailer, it looks bland as fuck
He was talking about Miami Vice, I think.

oh nvm

Miami vice is amazing

Public Enemies is good

And Mann's soundscape sensibilities is much more important than some composer trying to dictate a film's rhythm. If it doesn't work , the director needs to choose something else. Like he does with an actor , an editor , with casting , with production decisions , etc , etc , etc. At the end of the day its his vision. His work is accomplished through collaboration with one decision maker. The Director.

If the composer doesnt like it he can go home and get his shinebox.

Lionheart wrote:
And Mann's soundscape sensibilities is much more important than some composer trying to dictate a film's rhythm.

If the composer doesnt like it he can go home and get his shinebox.

I don't agree that a director, because of his position, can do whatever the fuck he wants. Movies were always a result of a huge collaboration. Of course he is the leader of the whole project but he should respect his associates, whom the director himself usually chooses.

Panapaok wrote:I don't agree that a director, because of his position, can do whatever the fuck he wants. Movies were always a result of a huge collaboration. Of course he is the leader of the whole project but he should respect his associates, whom the director himself usually chooses.
So does Malick not respect his actors when he cuts their part down to nothing then?
Last edited by Allstar on January 20th, 2015, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
Panapaok wrote:I don't agree that a director, because of his position, can do whatever the fuck he wants. Movies were always a result of a huge collaboration. Of course he is the leader of the whole project but he should respect his associates, whom the director himself usually chooses.
Do does Malick not respect his actors when he cuts their part down to nothing then?
I think that Malick warns the actors that he might cut them in the editing process and they agree to work on his movies knowing that this could happen. Mann changed the score without saying anything and the composer found out when he saw the movie for the first time. That's unprofessional.

Panapaok wrote:I think that Malick warns the actors that he might cut them in the editing process and they agree to work on his movies knowing that this could happen. Mann changed the score without saying anything and the composer found out when he saw the movie for the first time. That's unprofessional.
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments ... _the_thin/

Fair enough. They're both unprofessional, IMO.