The Criterion Collection

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Criterion Flash Sale today at Noon EST time. 50% off titles so get some good stuff.

Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
Artemis wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 9:43 am
Criterion Flash Sale today at Noon EST time. 50% off titles so get some good stuff.
Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: at Barnes and Noble too or just criterion website?

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:18 am
Artemis wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 9:43 am
Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: at Barnes and Noble too or just criterion website?
Just the website.

Got In a Lonely Place, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, and The Spirit of the Beehive.

How do they pick the films they want to remaster? Is there some sort of demand coming from somewhere, the filmmakers approach them or vice versa? Like, how does this work.

Nomis wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 11:32 am
How do they pick the films they want to remaster? Is there some sort of demand coming from somewhere, the filmmakers approach them or vice versa? Like, how does this work.
I don't think they have a certain film that they select or certain criteria to their process. Again I don't know for sure. I did look at the faq's on the criterion website and it may answer some of your questions.
https://www.criterion.com/faq

Ah thanks.

From the FAQs:
The process of getting the rights to release a film can take years. Even if we want a film, we can’t work on it unless the film’s owners grant us the rights to do so.
You can even suggest films at their e-mail address: suggestions@criterion.com 8-)